Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2005

I Am Sad

I was about to say to the person that's been the subject of my writing a few months back that I went gaga over him. Just so I could get it over with and move on. Though I planned to tell him on November, I thought why not tell him now, though not personally, while I still feel like telling so? But before I was even able to finish typing my message, he said goodbye. And it made me sad.

I am also sad about a lot of other things, which I try not to mind, because as the person that I am, sadness is just "not my thing". But right now, I am probably one of the saddest people on earth. Save for the people of Africa and Iraq. Save for the victims of Katrina. For the people of Gaza. For the students who have been water-cannoned in Mendiola a few days back, just because they were fighting for their rights to a better country. For the people in the picket lines, in the mist. For the people who are still begging for food in Baywalk at this time of the day. And for the quarter of the world that's suffering injustice and doing time. For the quarter who are missing a departed loved one. And for the quarter who are praying with eyes closed and pouring with tears right now, telling their heartaches to their gods.... All these thoughts made me even sadder.

No comments:

learn. live. hippie. gypsy. 60's. mod. native. world. music. crafts. performing arts. theatre. visual arts. bands. djembe. culture. literature. travel. activism. nature. trees. beach. vegetarian. red. yellow. green. earth. water. fire.
peace. love. rock and
roll.

word • text • writing • statement • anecdote • yarn • literature • narrative • thoughts • article • chronicle • copy • entry • story • history • fiction • expression • declaration • legend • tale • rumor • humor • lies • truth
• altum viditur