Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Addicted to Blog

There was a time that just coudn't get enough of the internet. Of surfing. Of the YM. And of blogging.

I believe it was around June 2005 when my friend Starsi taught me about blogging. Initially, my reaction was "what blogging?!" Haha. Anyway, he kinda briefed me that blogging is like an online journal, and if you know some HTML, you could actually personalize your blog, like an own website, etc., etc. And since I (used to) love writing as I aspired to be part of the prestigious Kule, I thought, well yeah, why not?

Aside from my Kule frustration (though I never got to take an exam anyway, because I heard that it was really hard passing it), I was into theatre, I had a band, I did hostings for concerts and events, and I was a gig maniac (counterpart of a party animal - only that I didn't party, I went to musical performances), I did a lot of artsy things, went to a lot of places, etcetera, so there was one helluva lot of things to write about. Also, at that time, I was a fresh grad bumming around, so I had a lot of time to write.

A techno idiot that I was (and still am, I think) Starsi guided me, through YM (yes, just like a tech support) on where and how to create a blog account, and some basic HTML to get me started.

You can choose a layout from the defaults.
How? Where?
You can change the background if you like.
How?
You can change the color of the fonts, the title, the header, etc., etc.
How?
How?
How?
And oh, Starsi, what's a photo host?

I forgot how my friends knew about my blog, or how I knew about theirs (maybe we knew because 2005 was a time when 'blogging' was 'hot'), but little by little, we would talk about how to persobalize blogs. Though I still don't know until now what CSS means, I was able to edit my 'CSS' setting and was able to create my first ever blog account at blogdrive.com.

I kinda worked hard to make a seamless background, I thought up of categories to use to make a multiple account. Since blogdrive did or still does not have a more user-friendly sidebar, I had to manually input the links, text and recent post titles to make my ex-blog 'interactive'. Sometimes I would be up all night blogging.

As you can see on the lower part of the side bar, I was able to report my gig hopping almost every week, though there were still a lot of gigs that I was not even able to mention. Also, as you can see on the June 2005 archives, a lot of titles are purely creative writing. Until I lost my time on October 2005 and then I was gone. I came back on October 2006, a whole long year after, only to report that I was stranded in Bacolod.

I will tell you next time why I was gone.

Anyway, on October 2005, I lost my time. On October 2006, I lost my wit. And still losing it. Today, I lost my thoughts. Haha.

I want to write about a lot of things but I can't. Probably because now, I have a job (which I also mentioned in another entry), or because I am slowly becoming dumb and dumber by the day. Or maybe because my work actually requires a lot of brain cells, and taking up much space in my mind that I can't seem to focus on writing something creative.

But I still want to 'blog'.

There are times when I would sit in front of the PC and start writing, but something would come up that better needed my attention. Or I would start writing and stop. Because I did not like the way I was going with my article. Or I would want to write, but I had no time. Or I was busy. Or I would want to write, but I was at home and my home PC's busted. So I would list up all the things that I would write about, then forgot about them. Or I would want to write but I couldn't. I just couldn't.

Now, I am saving up (well, just trying) for a laptop, and hopefully, when I finally get a laptop, I will be able to write when I want to, when I need to, and when I thought of something good to write about. No delays. No worries. Then I will be able to hone my (little) writing skill again, because practice makes better.

Here's a list of things that I have always thought of writing about (and posting pictures of):
- my quantum experience + shopping day
- my dreadlocks
- my new sandals, headset and shades
- Lolita
- the Bicol experience
- the Camsur Watersports Complex fun
- the other travels - Boracay, Bacolod, Pagudpod, Dagupan, Baguio etc
- Panagbenga Festival 2007
- Family Baguio trip 2007
- and a whole lot more.

Don't you worry, altum viditur, you will be back! With a better workstation (a laptop!) and a better focus. I will not run out of things to blog and so I will blog more and I will blog wisely! (please read previous line as if giving a ra-ra speech!)

Now that I'm saying all these things, I might as well face it, I'm addicted to blog.

.

2 comments:

Cai said...

that is really long, huh?

it's nice naman, blogging. You don't just create your online journal, but you are documenting your life as a matter of fact. really nice. and it's also nice to blog hop. c'mon. talk about knowing people "cyberly". Lol.

Happy blogging Roma! ^-^

altum viditur said...

hi cai, yuh. hehe.

oh by the way, it's kinda long, i know, but not as long as your posts! hehehe.

keep on blogging.

;-)

learn. live. hippie. gypsy. 60's. mod. native. world. music. crafts. performing arts. theatre. visual arts. bands. djembe. culture. literature. travel. activism. nature. trees. beach. vegetarian. red. yellow. green. earth. water. fire.
peace. love. rock and
roll.

word • text • writing • statement • anecdote • yarn • literature • narrative • thoughts • article • chronicle • copy • entry • story • history • fiction • expression • declaration • legend • tale • rumor • humor • lies • truth
• altum viditur