Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Please Don't be Sad, Dad

Daddy has a frail heart condition. Last March, he was hopitalized three times for acute stroke. He shouldn't be worried or sad. That's why after he got out of the hospital, we (my family and I) took him to Puerto Galera to relax, even for just three days. Renting the house was P10,000 a day but that surely made him think not of his condition. And on May, we went on a vacation in Baguio. An annual family thing. There he was smiling again. Fooling around in front of the camera.

He never had to go to the hospital again, save for minor check ups and medication. On August 02, his younger brother, Tito Roger who's based in Pampanga died. Of heart attack. I was worried he would be sad and weeping. On August 9, we went out for a lunch with my Bayaw's family. Then we went bowling. I had the chance to ask him about Tito Roger's death. He seemed calm and taking it lightly. I was relieved.

At 6 PM today, my Mom sent me an SMS saying Tita Let, Daddy's younger sister, died. Of heart attack too. She was hospitalized on Thursday. Mommy said she couldn't tell Daddy that Tita let has passed away. Because Daddy had been worrying about it and even felt kind of sick today. Tita Let and Daddy were closer as siblings.

I'm so worried Daddy would feel really sad about this. When he is emotionally stressed, he becomes physically weak too. True enough, the heart feels pain. Physically and emotionally. I hope Mommy could get a good timing to tell Daddy. And I hope everything works out just fine.

Daddy, please don't be sad. Please :'(

No comments:

learn. live. hippie. gypsy. 60's. mod. native. world. music. crafts. performing arts. theatre. visual arts. bands. djembe. culture. literature. travel. activism. nature. trees. beach. vegetarian. red. yellow. green. earth. water. fire.
peace. love. rock and
roll.

word • text • writing • statement • anecdote • yarn • literature • narrative • thoughts • article • chronicle • copy • entry • story • history • fiction • expression • declaration • legend • tale • rumor • humor • lies • truth
• altum viditur