Pages

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Random Lunacy @ Wilfredo's

It's been a long time since I've seen my friends Jovi, Charms, Meh, Yvette, and Coi, collectively known as Matilda, play. Partly beacuse I was absent on their January 13 gig at Purple Haze and Freedom Bar because of the World Pyro Exhibit. And mostly because I haven't been watching gigs a lot lately.

Last night, I was happy to see Matilda back, (a)live and better than ever. It's just sad that Coi wasn't there because she's been said to bepracticing for her upcoming recital (April 13, marked!).

Anyway, there were around 10-12 bands. Half of them, I never heard of until last night. Half of them I knew (and my close friends) since college -- Kiko Machine (I hosted both of their album launches), The Brew (hosted their album launch too, had the chance to interview Mr. RA Rivera), Aizo (one of my most favorite bands), Chubibo (the Chubiboys and the Chubibabe), and of course Matilda (hosted their demo launch too, and Meh's bday.)

The other half were (I'll try my best to enumerate all the band names that I can remember) Pentavia, Saffron Speedway (I'm really sorry I said Saffron Subway -- in that hosting stint), 7 days up (or 7 high up? or up high 7? day 7 up? Oh dear..I'm so poor with names), and Descant Gott. I was out there somewhere most of the time, drinking beer or chatting with the other bands, that's why I can't remember the other bands' names. But what the heck, the show was good, in general.

And oh, part of the show was Charm's bday celeb. Belated happy birthday Charms!

No comments:

learn. live. hippie. gypsy. 60's. mod. native. world. music. crafts. performing arts. theatre. visual arts. bands. djembe. culture. literature. travel. activism. nature. trees. beach. vegetarian. red. yellow. green. earth. water. fire.
peace. love. rock and
roll.

word • text • writing • statement • anecdote • yarn • literature • narrative • thoughts • article • chronicle • copy • entry • story • history • fiction • expression • declaration • legend • tale • rumor • humor • lies • truth
• altum viditur