Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2007

What is Grass Green

We got this project to layout a golf ball box. The project brief that I got said that the main color should be "grass green" but apparently, the person who gave me the brief, did not know what grass green exactly looks like. She noted "...(hindi ko alam kung anong shade ng grass green, yun lang ang sabi ng client. Please find out nalang)". So I 'googled' "GRASS GREEN COLOR" and hit a site for the colorblind. There were various greens, including grass green, in a table that shows the shade, the name, the decimals, and the "hex" (whatever that is), and the "co#". I tried to enter the 'hex' numbers in the pantone number box in Photoshop and voila! The same supposed-grass-green-color from the website appeared on the color picker preview.

But I was not impressed, of course, I mean, it wont hurt to look for another "grass green" testimonial. So I chose another link from my googled links.

I was directed to the Blogthings. It greeted me with "What kind of Green Are You?" Of course, this was definitely not what I was looking for. But hey, it wont hurt to have a little fun as well. So I answered the questions and ticked on my answers. After the 'quiz', you know what it told me?


You Are Grass Green
Down to earth and a bit of a hippie, you are very into nature and the outdoors.
You accept the world and people as they are. You don't try to change things.
You are also very comfortable with yourself, flaws and all.
Optimistic about the future, you feel like life is always getting better.


Funny, right? I mean, I could've been a light green, or a yellow green, or a moss green. But no! I am a grass green! Just when I was wondering 'what is grass green?'.

So I stopped looking for the color grass green. Because hey, what am I looking for? I am grass green.

Actually, I'm just making sense of a coincidence. But still coincidentally, it said that I am a bit of a hippie! No proof! Hehe)

No comments:

learn. live. hippie. gypsy. 60's. mod. native. world. music. crafts. performing arts. theatre. visual arts. bands. djembe. culture. literature. travel. activism. nature. trees. beach. vegetarian. red. yellow. green. earth. water. fire.
peace. love. rock and
roll.

word • text • writing • statement • anecdote • yarn • literature • narrative • thoughts • article • chronicle • copy • entry • story • history • fiction • expression • declaration • legend • tale • rumor • humor • lies • truth
• altum viditur