Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Awesome Ska-pade (June 11)

I had a tiring day, I was up at 10 AM and was late for Chaddao's swimming party in Balara which started at 10 and ended at 4 PM. Then ran late (again) to Asia Pacific Film Institute in Ortigas to catch our short film's debut at 4. Then hurried to Meycauyan to attend my cousin's bridal shower. I got there at 9 then rushed back to Manila at 11. "Rushing back to Manila" from Meycauyan is an understatement. I actually rushed to Makati.

11:50 PM was an unholy time for air-con busses with LRT-Ayala routes in EDSA. And for some unknown reason, cabs were scarce too. I thought I'd better go home. But I wouldn't want to miss this night, anyway, patience is a virtue.


My patience paid off and I still made it to Ska City United's PiliSKApinas (the album) launch, though I missed most of the bands and the giving away of CDs. I was tired from all the commuting, the waits and the walks. I was really tired but not too tired to still do some skanking. No time to waste, the minute that I got inside Heckle and Jeckle, I put down my bag to one of the chairs and joined my friends and the dancing crowd. Unlike last week, my friends and I were not in the middle front this time. Unlike last week, I would only get to dance an hour max because it's down to the last band. That being the case, I poured all my remaining energy cavorting. When the vocalist announced "Come on Eileen", I felt all too refreshed. "Come on Eileen" has always been one of my favorite skas. I told myself, yep, it's true. Patience, really is a virtue!


12 June 2005 | 3:15 AM

No comments:

learn. live. hippie. gypsy. 60's. mod. native. world. music. crafts. performing arts. theatre. visual arts. bands. djembe. culture. literature. travel. activism. nature. trees. beach. vegetarian. red. yellow. green. earth. water. fire.
peace. love. rock and
roll.

word • text • writing • statement • anecdote • yarn • literature • narrative • thoughts • article • chronicle • copy • entry • story • history • fiction • expression • declaration • legend • tale • rumor • humor • lies • truth
• altum viditur