Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

(Romeo) Lee’s Night (June 14)

If it's Tuesday night, then it must be Lee's Night at Mag:net Katipunan Avenue. Again.

Lee personally invited me to have my band play this Tuesday, but unfortunately, we were not able to practice. We haven't practiced full band for a long time because of a "series of unfortunate events", but that's another story.

Anyway, I suggested Sajama to play – Papa John's (our guitarist) other band. But unfortunately, Brig (their drummer, and our sessionist) was sick. BUT on the fortunate side, Lee was also having arrangements with The Brew's front man Doc. I told Lee to ask for Doc's help to come up with a good line up.

I went there alone. ORG friends were not yet there. But friends from the UP Underground Music Community (UG) crowded the veranda. The line up -- Aizo - one of my favorites, Slow Dive, Oi Wag Dito!, and Chubibo, Doc's other band. The Brew did not make it. The only band that did not come from UG was G2 and the Bundocks.

It was a good line up but I was not able to finish the show. I was so sleepy I had to leave in the middle of Chubibo's (the last band to play) first song. Sorry Irene.

Next time.


15 June 2005 | 3:46 AM

No comments:

learn. live. hippie. gypsy. 60's. mod. native. world. music. crafts. performing arts. theatre. visual arts. bands. djembe. culture. literature. travel. activism. nature. trees. beach. vegetarian. red. yellow. green. earth. water. fire.
peace. love. rock and
roll.

word • text • writing • statement • anecdote • yarn • literature • narrative • thoughts • article • chronicle • copy • entry • story • history • fiction • expression • declaration • legend • tale • rumor • humor • lies • truth
• altum viditur