Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Work Resumes

Hey, Happy New Year!

Hope you were able to relax and recharge during the 23-day long vacation. I was, but not for the most part.

I am a person who finds it a waste of time when I rest when I am at home. Weird, I know. But when I'm at home, i usually tend to sort out stuff, organize things, or do accessories for Ananda Kanani. I want to write, draw, finish rendering the house layouts i've drawn in the past years. But I don't want to do stuff that needs me to think. Organizing and making accessories, however, relax me.

I needed to go to the salon for hair maintenance, but thought, I could do other things than that. I only watch TV and DVDs while organizing and beading, or when I am lulling my self. But yesterday, I called for someone who does dreadlocks and had 1/4 of my hair done. While he was doing it, I watched Project Runways Season 5. The guy left at 4PM, and I watched until around 7 PM, from 10 AM. That's the longest time I've been in front of the TV my whole life! The longest time that I was not doing anything else. Not sorting out stuff, not beading, not using my laptop, for nine hours straight! Of course I ate lunch and dinner and walked around to stretch from time to time. But that's still nine straight hours of pure bumming. It's kind of a waste of time but I'm proud of myself for staying put, and not getting bored in doing only one thing (watching) for a loooong time! Hah!

Now my butt's back in in my office chair and I like it. Bumming's over.

No comments:

learn. live. hippie. gypsy. 60's. mod. native. world. music. crafts. performing arts. theatre. visual arts. bands. djembe. culture. literature. travel. activism. nature. trees. beach. vegetarian. red. yellow. green. earth. water. fire.
peace. love. rock and
roll.

word • text • writing • statement • anecdote • yarn • literature • narrative • thoughts • article • chronicle • copy • entry • story • history • fiction • expression • declaration • legend • tale • rumor • humor • lies • truth
• altum viditur