Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Year That Was

I don’t really summarize my year into an article. But this time, I’ll try to write something about the highlights of last year. I will even enumerate them.

1. My dad had a series of acute strokes last march and april, and he just turned 65 yesterday! Yehey!

2. I went to Boracay twice in one month. One week apart. A record for a lot of firsts: first time that I traveled via PAL Express. Cebu Pacific is my airline of choice. First time I went to the beach and brought only a small bag, without any swim suits – because I was only there for an ocular inspection for a company event.

3. Girls, girls. Sneaky, sneaky. I cannot elaborate, sorry.

4. My parents finally decided together that we are moving back to the province! Yehey! I cannot wait to live outside the metro again!

5. Went to Puerto Galera with my whole family, it’s been a long time since the whole family’s been in the beach again because our annual vacation spot is in Baguio City.

6. Acquired Potpot, my macbook!

7. I went out of the country! I did not want to at first. Because I haven’t been to all 7000 islands of the Philippines. But I enjoyed Singapore, a lot. I even plan to go back this year!

8. I only had two cameras in my life – an SLR Pentax1000 (as I recall), as my mom’s birthday gift to me when I turned 18, that got lost. A two-megapixel camera that my sister gave to me when she accidentally broke my new silver hard cover luggage (that I bought from my tuition fee waiver) in the airport when she borrowed it for her first trip to Cebu. The camera broke after I used it in Boracay (2006). Used it only once. Then finally, here’s a camera that can last, the latest model, and I bought it with my own money. The best part is, it’s an underwater camera!

9. My brother’s been working out again – losing his weight through basketball. He lost a lot of his beer belly, I tell you!

10. First time I enrolled to a gym. I never wanted to, because I was active before. I had a couple of sports, which I was never good at, but at least, they kept me fit until after college when I worked, and gained weight and had to go to the gym for professional training. What a shame.

11. I’ve been at my heaviest. And I really am kind of ashamed to myself, as I’ve mentioned, being fit and active before.

12. We lost three people in the office, but gained four new ones.

13. We have acquired a really healthy working environment ever since our new artist, Hix, and our new account personnel, Mark, joined us. Every day is just lovely. Really lovely.

14. I felt betrayed by a close friend. Someone that I was really fond of. I shared a lot of things to her, and then sometimes, it felt like she’s using these against me. I’ve felt this way before, but I think it’s my fault for trusting too much.

15. Ah, all our friends in the SnL group have been almost, if not completely, taken. All of them except for the FATT.

16. FATT who? The band Flush and the Toilets was born! It’s been almost half a decade since I last played with a band, or last played on stage. It felt great. Thanks to the support of our friends.

17. I fell in love again.

No comments:

learn. live. hippie. gypsy. 60's. mod. native. world. music. crafts. performing arts. theatre. visual arts. bands. djembe. culture. literature. travel. activism. nature. trees. beach. vegetarian. red. yellow. green. earth. water. fire.
peace. love. rock and
roll.

word • text • writing • statement • anecdote • yarn • literature • narrative • thoughts • article • chronicle • copy • entry • story • history • fiction • expression • declaration • legend • tale • rumor • humor • lies • truth
• altum viditur